Friday, January 4, 2008

First Stormy Day of 2008



Currently Listening to: Notorious B.I.G.
"Kick in the Door"

Last night the meteorologist at the local television station I work for said that the weather for tomorrow (today) will have heavy rain, high winds, and possible flooding in certain areas of Sacramento. Boy oh boy was she right. I got off work at 11 last night and didn't get home till around 11:30. My roommate just got back into town from vacation with his family down in southern California. He caught of for a little bit. There was a discussion about a Steven Segal bar scene. After a while I decided to go to bed. It took me a while to actually fall asleep due to the rain hitting my windows. Eventually I fell asleep, but not for long. My cat kept waking me up by knocking stuff down off of my dresser, my snare drum in the living room area, and at one point of the night, Fred jumped directly onto my crotch.

Thanks Fred!!

I finally woke up around 10:30 (I'm on break I can sleep in all I want) to more rain and crappy weather. My phone died over night and I left to my phone charger in my car. So as I walked through the rain to my car. I have a surprise waiting for me... I have this...


Sweet...


After I cleaned up the mess that mother nature has left me, I drove to my parents house. It was really scary driving around. There were so many accidents all over and so much damage has been done all over the city. All day I heard Police/Fire trucks/Ambulances racing through the streets. I didn't take the freeway to my parents because I knew it would have been all bad news.

Once I got to my parents, I just ate and watched a little it of television before I had to go to work. Once at work I did the usual edit thing for a few hours. About an hour goes by and my supervisor informs me and another editor that one of the production assistants has called in sick..

What a surprise there.
..

Work continued as usual.

After work I got home to my roommate on the computer. We got really bored and decided to take our other roommates pictures and put his head on random things. Which can be seen here

And now here I am bored out of my mind.

2 comments:

Chris said...

That was a crazy, fucked up day. Going outside was like some sort of Mad Max recreation, only it was wet instead of in the desert. Plus there were ambulances and police cars. Ok so it was nothing like Mad Max... maybe more like Independence Day? Oh wait, you're probably too young to remember that one.

Anonymous said...

Check out Mr. Huerta and his big bad blog! Not sorry I missed that storm. Fuck that shit! Of course, it's rained here every single day since I arrived.