Monday, January 7, 2008

School Situation

Currently Listening to: C.S.S

"Music is My Hot Hot Sex"



I'm not very happy with what happen today at school. A few weeks ago I filled for the B.O.G. fee wavier to pay for all of my classes. After the long and confusing form application I finally completed it with.....I was approved... Sweet. All I have to do is bring a small form to school and I'm set.



I'm a full time college student. Living on my own (I do have roommates) and a close to full time employee. For anyone who has or is in the same situation I am now.. You its barely making it each month with bills and everything. So being approved for this wavier was something I was happy about.



Today was the first day that school was open due to the holiday's and what have you, so I decided to take care of everything. I get to school around 12:30.. It's packed. The line for the financial aid is horrendous. I get in line.. And I wait...and wait...and wait some more. About a half an hour goes by and I am finally able to go up to the window and speak with the financial aid lady. After a few minutes after reviewing my paper work.



I was denied.



What the fuck? I don't understand. I am denied? That doesn't make any sense. I don't make much money, yet a person who makes a lot more than I do, lives with their parents and drives a 2010 Hummer can get their classes waived? This shit is fucked. I left pretty pissed. I went back to my parents house to see what I can do about everything. After a talk with my mom and a few phone calls later, my uncle Larry offered the money. I am so thankful for that. I want to be done with City College so bad and more on with my life.

I really hate borrowing money. Really, I do. I just feel really... guilty.

By the time I got the check from my uncle in Elk Grove, it was time for work.

It was a pretty slow news day today. Nothing really exciting. After editing a bunch of stories, one of the photog's needed to get onto my edit bay to do a few minor adjustments to a package he edited earlier. While he did that, I watched the BCS College game. I'm not big on football. I never have. But recently I have been getting more and more into it. Not like those douchebag bro-bro's that go to sports bars and drink nothing but Jager. I think it is quality entertainment. After watching LSU dominate Ohio State, I got back to work... It was fairly boring today at work. Mike, the director said I can go home early at 10:30 (middle of broadcast) if there wasn't anything going on. And..well here I am now... Back at my house. This is another pointless blog, but like I said. I just want to do this so I can become a better writer.

Fuck.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Glad I don't have to deal with that school bullshit anymore.

As for college football... Go Ducks. And Jager. Woo!