Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Catching Up.

I've been pretty busy with school, work and other activities to keep up with the internet sensation known as blogging.  A lot has happened in the past couple of weeks that I should take note on. 

1.  Recently (Saturday) Thomas, the weekday male anchor, let me borrow his Panasonic DVX100a, for personal use. Right when I first turned the camera, I fell in love. The whole 24p setting the camera offers is amazing.  I shot mainly skateboarding related video. I have been working on a video for the past 3 years, and finally have a release date. May 16th "Molly Whoop'd" is getting dropped. Also expect some short films in the future.

2. School has been pretty good so far this semester. I enjoy all of my classes, especially my English class.  That has been a surprising to me because I usually always hate my english classes. I even finished a paper for that class a week and half early... All of my other classes are decent.

3.  Last Tuesday I went to a local watering hole with a few coworkers after work.  All I have to say is, don't take bar shots. Nothing but gnarlyness. I did make a good $14 though. 

4.  I'm in my second semester in Sign Language and have yet to use my skills in the real world. That is until last sunday. I was skating at a local wal-greens when a homeless black male approached me and my friends. Usually I just tell them to go away because they just want money, but this guy was different. He held a sign that read "$3 Taco Bell." At first I wasn't sure what to think of this, until I realized that he was deaf. I quickly asked him (in Sign) if he was deaf and he quickly responded "yes" and started signing to be very fast.  I quickly to the man that I was just learning sign, so he needs to slow down and maybe finger spell some words.  After a few minutes I made a new friend, Dwight. Dwight and I had a conversation  about skateboarding, and that good money is made in construction. I was more than happy to give the man money, not because he was deaf  but because we actually had a conversation that a normal pedestrian/transit would have.  Soon we parted ways. I was really excited to have shared that experience.

5. Sadly, I haven't been taking as much pictures as I would like to, but I will leave with this,
 this, and this.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I'll have to send you those bar shot pics, they're pretty awesome.